I’ve been reluctant to update Tasmota after my previous ordeal (reverting from 6.11 -> 5.12)
In retrospect I may have rushed my last OTA update. Or was it the automated sonweb feature which jumped versions.
Fearful of having to do this and encounter problems I read the instructions properly and perhaps took extra precautions.
Firstly I needed to download the tasmota 5.14 minimal and regular (sonoff.bin) versions. As well as the tasmota 6.5 minimal and regular (sonoff.bin) versions.
TASMOTA 5.12 -> 5.14
- Backup configuration of 5.12
- In update tab select 5.14 minimal & update
- In update tab select 5.14 regular & update
TASMOTA 5.14 -> 6.5
- Backup configuration
- In update tab select 6.5 minimal & update
- In update tab select 6.5 regular & update
- Restore configuration (optional if your settings were wiped)?
Not that complicated. Just a just little long my way.
My previous experience was most likely my fault (again). Although I was going to post pictures here of a step by step progression I think it’s simple enough with all the resources online. Unless requested.