Part 1 / Part 2 Finally the AHT10 and BME280 sensors have arrived. First step soldering pins. Got to unwrap my newest soldering iron. Then loading up tasmota on the nodemcu. (The same one that was already outside) Despite all the OLD instructions to edit the useroverride section in the sonoff.bin I simply downloaded the newest 6.6.0 tasmota as per instructions has i2c support for … Continue reading Replacement of the DHT22
Part 1 As I await my replacements parts I figured I’d try a few ideas to attempt a recovery of the defective DHT22. The first thing I decided to do was to remove the DHT22 from its partial enclosure. (Sensor part was exposed) Reconnected the sensor node and …. it’s still stuck at 99% humidity. I blew on it and the temperature changed but not … Continue reading DHT22 tinkering.
For over a year I would replace the DHT22 (or its small brother the DHT11) outdoors after a few months if I cared to do so. It’s located in a cutout of a small Tupperware container strapped under my deck roof. No rain can get to it but the roof is no completely opaque and lets a fair amount of sun through. Although the temperature … Continue reading DHT22 is useless outdoors: replacement.