TL;DR Change the mqtt topic. —– BACKGROUND: A project I have yet properly posted was a tasmota NODEMCU with a relay and a bunch of sensors. (Bruh plus sonoff and a bit) I suspect after using too much power and having the breakers trigger, something went weird. The relay would simply from then on turn itself off. Searching online. There’s the physical dr zz https://youtu.be/31IyfM1gygo … Continue reading LWT ghosting the quick and dirty fix.
In my kitchen I have 2 sonoffs. One in the overhead ceiling lamp (the wall switch didn’t have the ground/earth wire) There is another sonoff attached to a wall mounted “tv” from reusing a pc monitor and a firestick 2nd gen. In order to save a sonoff and place it elsewhere as well as centralizing all the iot in one spot I though I’d take … Continue reading Combining multisensor and sonoff
Part 1 As I await my replacements parts I figured I’d try a few ideas to attempt a recovery of the defective DHT22. The first thing I decided to do was to remove the DHT22 from its partial enclosure. (Sensor part was exposed) Reconnected the sensor node and …. it’s still stuck at 99% humidity. I blew on it and the temperature changed but not … Continue reading DHT22 tinkering.
For over a year I would replace the DHT22 (or its small brother the DHT11) outdoors after a few months if I cared to do so. It’s located in a cutout of a small Tupperware container strapped under my deck roof. No rain can get to it but the roof is no completely opaque and lets a fair amount of sun through. Although the temperature … Continue reading DHT22 is useless outdoors: replacement.
2019.07.13: After a few months leaving out, sensors that fluctuate many times a second things seem to be stable. The sensors that fluctuate rapidly are the BRUH type as they send change info if a certain threshold has been met. (2 or 5% change in values) ____ For months on end after I increased the number of iot devices drastically the state history graph would … Continue reading Recorder histogram flatline testing
Running version 0.75.3 for the past 4-6 months because I couldn’t be bothered to update and deal with breaking changes. Versions 0.75.3 to 0.87.1 Everything was running more or less on autopilot. There were some odd things here and there such as my weather entities stopped working and some other minor details. A few days ago I should have done something when I noticed the … Continue reading HASS.io is still not for the masses (SD card fail and forced migration 0.75.3 -> 0.87.1)
Sunshine… I thought that this movement false positive was only a cheap ip camera thing. Alas no… Come to think of it two sensors are starting to act up. Upstairs bedroom and outside. The bedroom sensor used to give me false positives due to a bad power supply. The outdoor one now seems to alert a lot as the shadow of the house grows and … Continue reading RCWL-0516: More outdoor issues with the PIR AM312
Newest build 2018.08.12 “Light switch with extra switches” Currently there is a wall switch which is unused. One staircase light was removed and the other is always on as it’s a ceiling fan with remote. As it stands now there is a blank faceplate covering the switch. I was thinking to put in some httm capacitive switches. (As in pic) Update: The blank faceplate is … Continue reading Reed sensor not working on d8. Nodemcu woes. (BRUH conversion)
BRUH got me into this. BRUH disappeared. Dr ZZs can in to fill the void. The hook up is assisting. BRUH left so I’m leaving too. Yeahnah. I love ya BRUH I can’t thank you enough for your push back into the electronics field. But the truth is the BRUH multisensors sometimes reset or freeze up. I would love to ask you about it alas … Continue reading BRUH to Tasmota conversion.
Picture of wires from blog In my old leaning house I have one live wire going to the light switch. nothing else is in the switch box. Now I thought that this would be because of the old leaning house that I’m in. However upon asking around it would seem as thought this is common in new constructions as well. This image goes to doesn’t … Continue reading Japanese wiring isn’t automation friendly.