You’re always bordering on the edge of dissatisfaction. The shop I bought my LED strip and accessories from on 11.13 (11.11 sale) At first I got a false tracking number with local post, probably to extend the time they get to send out the products. Nothing happens for a week Then a new package appears with an EMS tracking code that is invalid. The postal … Continue reading Hmm aliexpress
…Holiday lights. I finally got the led strips and a bunch of other things but not the buck converters (12v->5v) ordered from another aliexpress shop. Instead I tried “hacking” a (100¥/1USD) car USB adapter which by default uses 12v and outputs USB at 5v This is a test thing I know it’s rather unsightly. The USB cable plugs right into the nodemcu. More info on … Continue reading Been busy but…
There is much more serious news with regards to typhoons. This isn’t to belittle the importance of actual news, obviously. Ugh…Typhoons. In 2018 my wireless ipcam died. It was replaced by a whole NVR system for the outdoors. (Which has been a non iot post in draft mode for a year now) Countless dht22s and now the latest victim, my new BME280 which was outside … Continue reading Super Typhoon 11 (2019) AKA “Krosa” claims another sensor.
Part 1 As I await my replacements parts I figured I’d try a few ideas to attempt a recovery of the defective DHT22. The first thing I decided to do was to remove the DHT22 from its partial enclosure. (Sensor part was exposed) Reconnected the sensor node and …. it’s still stuck at 99% humidity. I blew on it and the temperature changed but not … Continue reading DHT22 tinkering.
Break down: New Years Holiday my SANYO Aqua AQR-261b decided to stop cooling. What better timing… On the bright side, the leaning house seems to seek and find equilibrium with outside temperature rather quickly. Which means in 0c weather it’s pretty close to 0c indoors (3-4c) and so the food doesn’t go bad right away. As the temp indoors is cold. I only noticed … Continue reading Refrigerator troubles in Japan. (SANYO Aqua AQR-261b)
It’s the tiniest and oddly enough I think it took the longest to arrive. Ooh another antennae. hmm this digital crop isn’t the best Nothing to see here. Only flux residue I think. This is my little translator from WIFI mqtt to whatever proprietary format the milight uses. The purchase was an idea I picked up on his page. https://github.com/sidoh/esp8266_milight_hub I bought a milight a … Continue reading NRF24L01+ Tiniest delivery yet (part 1)
New NodeMCU… Flashed Tasmota with the ARDUINO IDE software (to customize the firmware) The NodeMCU would constantly do the following… I tried re-flashing Using another NODEMCU after discovering a dead one Restoring from another Tasmota NodeMCU Etc Nothing worked. Only until I stumbled on this page did I see the solution 13:28:06 MQT: tele/sonoff/LWT = Online (retained) 13:28:06 MQT: cmnd/sonoff/POWER = 13:29:00 DNS: Initialized 13:29:00 MQT: Attempting … Continue reading Always connecting never doing – ESP 2.4.0
Sunshine… I thought that this movement false positive was only a cheap ip camera thing. Alas no… Come to think of it two sensors are starting to act up. Upstairs bedroom and outside. The bedroom sensor used to give me false positives due to a bad power supply. The outdoor one now seems to alert a lot as the shadow of the house grows and … Continue reading RCWL-0516: More outdoor issues with the PIR AM312
Newest build 2018.08.12 “Light switch with extra switches” Currently there is a wall switch which is unused. One staircase light was removed and the other is always on as it’s a ceiling fan with remote. As it stands now there is a blank faceplate covering the switch. I was thinking to put in some httm capacitive switches. (As in pic) Update: The blank faceplate is … Continue reading Reed sensor not working on d8. Nodemcu woes. (BRUH conversion)
Update for sonoffs and update path. From 5.12 the migration path seems to indicate 5.14->6.1.1. Tasmoadmin allows a 5.12->6.1.1 jump. All sorts of strange behaviour has ensued. After update the units would sporadically go offline. The AP wasn’t connectable. Button management on the sonoff was ineffective. All sorts of button presses attempted ie 4 quick times for an AP, 40 seconds straight to reset the … Continue reading Tasmota revert to 6.11 -> 5.12 after OTA failure