Always connecting never doing – ESP 2.4.0

New NodeMCU… Flashed Tasmota with the ARDUINO IDE software (to customize the firmware) The NodeMCU would constantly do the following… I tried re-flashing Using another NODEMCU after discovering a dead one Restoring from another Tasmota NodeMCU Etc Nothing worked. Only until I stumbled on this page did I see the solution 13:28:06 MQT: tele/sonoff/LWT = Online (retained)
13:28:06 MQT: cmnd/sonoff/POWER = 
13:29:00 DNS: Initialized
13:29:00 MQT: Attempting … Continue reading Always connecting never doing – ESP 2.4.0

Home power monitoring with PZEM-004 & home assistant for under 30$! Part 2

The physical setup. Once again this is working in proximity to MAINS power. If you’re not comfortable STOP NOW and get professional help. As much as I didn’t want to split this into two pieces it’s becoming far too big for one post. See part 1 The physical setup that I did is as follows SETUP: SHUT OFF THE MAIN BREAKER to the house. Attach … Continue reading Home power monitoring with PZEM-004 & home assistant for under 30$! Part 2

RCWL-0516: More outdoor issues with the PIR AM312

Sunshine… I thought that this movement false positive was only a cheap ip camera thing. Alas no… Come to think of it two sensors are starting to act up. Upstairs bedroom and outside. The bedroom sensor used to give me false positives due to a bad power supply. The outdoor one now seems to alert a lot as the shadow of the house grows and … Continue reading RCWL-0516: More outdoor issues with the PIR AM312

Reed sensor not working on d8. Nodemcu woes. (BRUH conversion)

Newest build 2018.08.12 “Light switch with extra switches” Currently there is a wall switch which is unused. One staircase light was removed and the other is always on as it’s a ceiling fan with remote. As it stands now there is a blank faceplate covering the switch. I was thinking to put in some httm capacitive switches. (As in pic) Update: The blank faceplate is … Continue reading Reed sensor not working on d8. Nodemcu woes. (BRUH conversion)

Tasmota revert to 6.11 -> 5.12 after OTA failure

Update for sonoffs and update path. From 5.12 the migration path seems to indicate 5.14->6.1.1. Tasmoadmin allows a 5.12->6.1.1 jump. All sorts of strange behaviour has ensued. After update the units would sporadically go offline. The AP wasn’t connectable. Button management on the sonoff was ineffective. All sorts of button presses attempted ie 4 quick times for an AP, 40 seconds straight to reset the … Continue reading Tasmota revert to 6.11 -> 5.12 after OTA failure